[OZAPRS] iGate

Ian Pople zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 12:32:46 EST 2012

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 09:58:48 +0800
> From: "vk6mrg" <vk6mrg at iinet.net.au>
> To: <ozaprs at aprs.net.au>
> Subject: Re: [OZAPRS] iGate

> Have a look at http://www.mwarg.org.au/aprs/502gate

> Hope this helps.
> 73
> Matthew
> VK6MRG

Ha ! Well done Matthew & Rick - good to see people building on the
DLink DSL502T igate concept.

Have you considered looking at APRX <http://wiki.ham.fi/Aprx.en> ?
I'd like to see that running on a DSL502T, as it has a number of
useful features that APRSd lacks. (Of course the reverse is true too.)
About the only thing that APRX 'lacks' is an AGW-style TCPIP
interface, which would be useful when one has several radio/tnc
set and you'd like UIView to be able to see them all simultaneously.

I'm more inclined to the hardware side of things, although I did do a
bit of tinkering around with some of the scripts on the Dlink when
Andrew ZL1WJQ & I started playing around with these. He's way more
into coding than I, so the majority of coding to make everything work
together is his.

73,
Ian ZL1VFO