[OZAPRS] Help with MJF-1270b and UI-View32

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Dec 30 22:16:22 EST 2012

Just to pick up on one of Tony's points, the KISS implementation in the
standard TNC2 EPROM (including the MFJ1270B) is BADLY broken. It has
horrendous timing issues and is best avoided. If you want KISS in a
MFJ1270B, burn a KISS only EPROM. You'll have a TNC that is permanently
in KISS but without the timing issues. I can supply a KISS only image if
required.

Some issues with the standard EPROM include not transmitting data,
transmitting data over an incoming signal and not passing data to the
computer. It's hair tearing stuff when you get caught by it and probably
what gave KISS a bad name for timing in the early days of KISS.

Ray vk2tv