[OZAPRS] New 40m station

Matt VK2RQ matt.vk2rq at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 21:35:22 EST 2012

Actually, I've just been playing around trying to get a linux based packet radio system running, and have been chatting with the HF packet guys who hang out just above the 40m APRS frequency. When I found out how Gerard VK2IO run a BBS on the packet net frequency and provides I-Gate services on 7036kHz at the same time with one radio, I thought I'd try and do the same thing under Linux. In the end I got it all to work using multiple decoders under Linux soundmodem, which are monitored by an APRX daemon for gating into APRS-IS.

73, Matt VK2RQ