[OZAPRS] Horus 23 Balloon Flight - WIll go ahead today

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 15 19:34:27 EST 2012

Hi Everybody,

This is the only video I shot during the flight.  I meant to do
something with a little more depth, but got wound up in the action.  I
was set up on Greenpatch Hill out of Port Lincoln with Tony VK5RF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D14TZkf4oS4

I was decoding and uploading the telemetry using the IC-706MK2G,
monitoring the APRS tracker (my iGate at home caught at least one APRS
frame) on my HamHUD II and listening to the cross-band repeater.  I was
able to work the repeater using an Icom IC-91AD handheld radio and hand
held Yagi antenna in addition to the vehicle mounted IC-2820H.  I was
also able to hear the telemetry on a hand held Icom IC-R10 receiver.

It was a fantastic flight... well done guys.

Michael.
VK5ZEA