[OZAPRS] Graph of APRS wide connectivity around the ACT

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Fri Apr 6 23:42:13 EST 2012

Hi,
The discussion regarding connectivity of the Goulburn wide, vk2rgn-1, prompted me to look at graphing aprs digipeater connectivity as seen through vk1rgi-1 on Mt Ginini.  I stored every packet my iGate received on its rf port for the last 5 days and wrote a perl script to format it up to feed through Graphviz.

The results are on my website at;

http://www.stagecraft.cx/ar/aprs/

It's only plotting those stations that have been used as a digipeater so no end user stations should appear.  It also discarded WIDE*-*, APRS and TCPIP calls in the digipeat fields.

The Graphviz source file is included and it contains a comment describing how many packets of that particular path were seen.  I tried including that on the graph but it became too busy.

It is interesting to note that there were packets from vk1,2,3,4,5 and 7 repeated by Ginini during that time.  4 x vk7's and a vk5 all heard via vk3rpg-2 then on to Ginini.  Nice!

Also, regarding the vk2rgn connectivity issue that triggered this, there were 16 packets received via vk2rgn->vk2ruw->vk1rgi and only 9 received direct vk2rgn->vk1rgi.

Oh, the nodes and connections are colour coded, red for vk1, blue for vk2, green for vk3, orange for vk5 and brown for vk7.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)