[OZAPRS] VK2RGN-1 Now Online (Justin Albury)

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Tue Apr 3 19:25:13 EST 2012

Hi Justin,

On 02/04/2012, at 10:30 PM, Justin Albury wrote:

> A local iGate would be the answer im thinking.  What iGate setup are you guys running??

I run javAPRSSvr as well under FreeBSD.  It works well.

> Id like the iGate to have comms in both directions not just 1 way.  Open to your thoughts.

iGates should transmit messages at a minimum otherwise aprs messaging breaks badly.  There is no problem with you running an iGate locally, even if it gates packets that are also gated by mine or Ian's iGates as the duplicates will get sorted out at the upstream servers.

Carl.
(vk1kcm)