[OZAPRS] AVMAP-G6 (update)

Gary Stern vk2zbb at gmail.com
Mon May 30 22:27:36 EST 2011

Sorry for the delay in giving an update on this, but I only got out of
hospital this morning after having some emergency cardiac surgery on
Wednesday night.

I just got off the phone to the USA about this...

Australia/NZ maps are available, we are just arranging to have them as
the base map rather than as an add on.

The G6 sells in the US for $usd499, so I am looking to be able to supply
for the for same with AU.express post delivery or cheaper if possible.
Have to wait for various approvals from h/o (italy) & such so at least
another 3 weeks.

For those of you intending to use a G6 in an offroad situation, there is
something interesting I learnt tonight, but I do need to read up on
it... basically (thou I am not exactly sure) there is a way to use
raster maps as overlays, it reminds me of something similar with garmin
mapping I have read.

Have fun,

Gary
vk2zbb