[OZAPRS] Legality of WX stations.

Damien Gardner Jnr vk2tdg at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:33:39 EST 2011

On 23/05/2011, at 5:10 PM, Ray Wells wrote:

> Nic,
>
> The LCD permits unattended operation of computer controlled stations, provided a watch dog timer is fitted so, that makes unattended wx stations legal, with one proviso. If the station operates from a location other than the licensees home address, there is a limit on how long a station may operate from that non-home address.

Part 2, Section 10 of the LCD states 7 days for repeater/beacon, or 4 months for other stations.  As the lady at the front desk at the ACMA back in the day (lordy, what WAS her name? That was going back 10 years now!) told me, when i asked her how to go about adding a VK1 call alongside my VK2 calls, for the VK1 Igate which I operated from my work in Deakin West.. - You are allowed 4 months of 'continuous operation', turn the station off for an hour, and technically you have broken the 'continuous operation'.. :)

Cheers,

DG