[OZAPRS] Coffs Harbour DIGI

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Tue May 3 16:33:17 EST 2011

I think I'd have noticed it missing from my map if it was off-air for
any length of time.

This may not be the answer but, something to consider about Mt. Moombil
is that it doesn't get into parts of Coffs Harbour very well. For that
reason there is a television translator site at Bruxner Park, close to
the city.

The voice repeater may be fine but aprs is digital and just one missing
bit (from flutter, e.g.) corrupts the entire packet. A digi will have
less usable coverage from a site than a voice service at that site.

 From what I've observed, vk2rdo-3 has very respectable coverage.

It just dawned on me, I was watching vk2boz-9 mobile over the Easter
weekend and after he left the Macleay Valley and vk2rmc-1, aprs.fi
reported him via vk2rdo-3.

Ray vk2tv