[OZAPRS] Repeater list ?

Jim Hiley jim at c-com.com.au
Thu Mar 3 18:21:29 EST 2011

I have written a program for Travellers called Nomad's Almanac.
It includes lists of broadcast radio and TV stations and you can download a
list of Amateur repeaters from the same site. The list is in CSV format but
is missing much of the details that are in the WIA callbook.
My data was taken from the ACMA site one repeater at a time about 12 months
ago. It took a long time to do but I was confined to barracks for a few
weeks so it helped to fill in the time.
I hope I don't have that reason again!

The problem is - having a licence does not indicate an operational repeater.
The WIA list would also rely on the owners keeping the WIA informed.
The data from ACMA is in AGD66 format so the locations are 200 meters out of
place. One day I will convert them but time is limited for now.

To the best of my knowledge the information is Public Domain but I am no
lawyer.

The website is
http://www.c-com.com.au/nomad.htm

Jim VK7JH