[OZAPRS] Repeater list ?

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Thu Mar 3 16:05:53 EST 2011

On 03/03/2011, at 3:55 PM, Gary Stern wrote:

> Are there others interested in having a csv / excel style file
> available for this information together with the lat/long of the
> repeater etc ?

Yes, I've been thinking of writing a phone app to show the nearest
repeaters, to make it easier to pick usable frequencies when one is
mobile on long journeys.

> I am actually playing around with the idea of databasing the results
> and having users select formatted output to their desire, even based
> on distance from a point, or distance from a track (difficult), the
> only other problem of course is keeping it up to date !!

I don't think the data changes that often, at least not the locations,
but operational status can change any time.

> Which actually brings up another question.... if a repeater has ctss
> on its input, can we always assume that ctss will appear on its
> output as well ?

I think the CTCSS tones generally don't make it through the audio
circuits unscathed, unless their up the top end of the range, but were
I wrong about this it wouldn't be the first time :-)

73 Richard VK2SKY