[OZAPRS] HF frequency drift reports ...?

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Thu Jun 30 19:51:50 EST 2011

Firstly I must state that we all have our opinions and here's mine on the
SCS TNC's...

As much as they have a superior receive capabilities, I'm a little tired
of every time there's a discussion about HF APRS there's always the
suggestion that we should be using such a device. Now I for one would love
to to both own and be using one but for my budget there's not a snowballs
chance in hell!!

So by all means any cashed up kind hearted person wanting to donate to all
us HF I-Gates (40m/30m/20m) then please by all means get in contact of
list for my delivery address! (tongue in cheek there peeps!)

For me I've got a humble PK-232MBX with DSP (receive filters) doing the
job for me on 40m

On Thu, June 30, 2011 19:31, OE3MZC Mike wrote:
> Just for records: I am not related in any way to SCS, but using such a
> device for years on Gateway OE3YCB-4 and OE3XUR and comparison to old type
> Packet-Tncs is obvious.
> http://www.scs-ptc.com/downloads/pscproject.2008-09-29.7249707140/releases/1
> .0/scs-datasheet-tracker-english.pdf
> I have crossed Australia and Africa in 4WD using HF-APRS...so some level
> of
> experience ...not just "hot-air" -hi

I realise Mike that you're passionate about your hardware, but sometimes
it really does seem like you are on the payroll for SCS ;-)

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
http://vk7hse.hobby-site.org