[OZAPRS] Foundation licences

Gerard Hill gerard.hill at cisra.canon.com.au
Mon Jun 20 18:22:47 EST 2011

On 20/06/2011 5:19 PM, Matt Maguire wrote:
> I know the owner of that callsign, I'll let him know about the SSID convention.
>
> Some of the phone apps use an SSID of 9 by default: what is that one normally used for?

Normally for mobiles operating on VHF or UHF. HF mobiles tend to use 15.

The list you're after can be found here:
http://www.aprs.net.au/general/standard-ssids

SSID of 7 is for all handhelds, not just Kenwoods. The list is derived
from this one which is more generic:
http://www.aprs.org/aprs11/SSIDs.txt

> /Matt VK2ACL

Cheers ... Gerard, VK2IO
The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be the subject to legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the information from your system.