[OZAPRS] HF APRS Paths etc

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 14 06:06:55 EST 2011

Good morning
                           Are we taking some steps back here , If I
remember correctly back a few years now didn't this group
suggest that no WIDEn-N be used ..

If you look at the VK3 Link etc

http://vk3.aprs.net.au/aprs_on_hf.htm

http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

I believe that the information below has been changed in recent years and
wasn't generally
circulated around the greater HF gateways ..

http://www.aprs.net.au/hf/aprs-hf

HF Path Settings

The path of APRS v GATE, WIDE2-1 should get your position to a VHF IGate via
a HF Gateway.

Although most HF Gateways are connected to the Internet, there are some
gateways that offer a traditional RF gateway from HF to VHF.

Any HF to VHF Gateway the hears a beacon with GATE in the path will gate
that beacon to VHF. The path that follows the GATE is the path the beacon
will take on VHF, and must be adequate for the beacon to reach an IGate.

73 Phillip
ZL2TZE