[OZAPRS] DreamPlug as an IGate???

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 10 15:09:05 EST 2011

soundmodem is what you want. I've been using it on VHF for years and it
was brilliant for that.
Recently, I've been using it for HF, and it seems to be OK for that too.

See recent discussions between Damien and I. The plug computers are
probably very good for this purpose and I'm seriously thinking of
turning my Sheevaplug into one - and replacing my existing X86 machine.
A unit with audio in/out on-board would be a bonus I'd say.

I've run Xastir + soundmodem for VHF on equipment much less capable than
the unit you linked to. For field use (such as JOTA, etc), I still use a
300MHz laptop with Xastir and soundmodem with Xubuntu, so these 1.2GHz
beauties will work a treat I reckon.

Good luck!

Steve.