[OZAPRS] ARM SoC devices (was OZAPRS Digest, Vol 24, Issue 19)

Steve stevez at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 10 14:24:50 EST 2011

Hello Damien,

Mine is using a Sandisk 4GB SHDC. No other distinguishing features other
than it's blue!
The Dockstar's do have less RAM, but they have an integrated 12V-5V P/S,
and an on-board 4 port USB hub that makes up for it for me. I use them
in remote 12V systems. Let me know if you're interested off-list and
I'll send a link to some info on the stuff I'm doing with them for fun
(it's not APRS related and I bet people are sick of me waffling on about
how much I love these ARM SoC computers!).

The Sheevaplug would be much better as a server due to the extra RAM.

Due to the excellent discovery work done by others (some on this list I
believe),  I've now got soundmodem running for HF. Maybe I'll find a
compatible USB soundcard and use my Sheevaplug for my I-Gate (and save a
heap of greenhouse gas to boot!)

Good to see there's another fan of them out there Damien ;-)

Steve.