[OZAPRS] FW: Homebrew HF APRS transmitter

Damien Gardner Jnr vk2tdg at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 07:49:28 EST 2011

I can remember back to a day when I was still at uni, when my speedo died.. and instead of spending the money on a new speedo, I just marked off speeds in cencentric rings around my tacho, for each of the four gears :)   I seem to remember being pulled over for a breatho at one stage, and the copper noticing and asking about it...  And then spending 10 minutes extolling the virtues of a tacho vs a speedo, and how the tacho *has* to be more accurate, as it's a direct electrical drive from the distributor (and calibrated using a frequency counter), compared to the cable driving a revolving magnet, acting on a spring-loaded needle...   He walked away very confused :-p

--DG