[OZAPRS] APRS Registration - is it required?

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Fri Jan 28 07:46:45 EST 2011

Nik,

Presuming the radio is going mobile, just set the SSID (usually -9 for
VHF/UHF) and the path which is usually WIDE1-1 WIDE2-1 (or WIDE2-2)
depending on where you are and 'local' tradition.

If you wish to use the internet to connect to the aprs-is and you wish
to upload data to the aprs-is, you need a passcode. For vk3ba it is
22507 (generated by the callpass script in xastir).

Ray vk2tv