[OZAPRS] APRS Registration - is it required?

Damien Gardner Jnr vk2tdg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:48:56 EST 2011

G'day Nik,

Welcome to APRS :)

No registration required (though you will need to generate the passcode which matches your callsign, if you use software to connect to any of the APRS servers), only suggestion is for new users to make sure their QRZ detail are up to date, incase there's some issue with their radio setup which the local area coordinator needs to get onto them for (but I see your details are all up to date, so that's all good!)

Cheers,

Damien