[OZAPRS] Fill in Digi/iGate for travels

Rob - VK6LD vk6ld at sjr.com.au
Sat Jan 22 13:36:38 EST 2011

Hi David,

I have AGW packet engine & UI-View32 software setup on my Netbook as
an RX I-Gate with a Next-G USB data stick.

I can plug any 2M receiver or h/held into the netbook and be up &
running as an I-Gate from almost anywhere there is Telstra coverage.
The only thing I need to change in my locator in UI-View and connect
to port 14577 to cut down on inbound traffic.

Seems to work good for me if I go somewhere without APRS coverage.

73's

Rob...
VK6LD

orana> Hi

orana> First time post. Been watching for a while but I haven't seen this yet.

orana> I am going to being doing travels around the countryside to
orana> areas that don't have any digi's of any sort VHF.

orana> What I would like to know is if it is possible or even allowed
orana> to run a fill-in digi to allow tracking over that area whilst there.

orana> Was going to see about running an irlp node as well as aprs
orana> digi in rx mode and have personal trackers to work the local
orana> area as well as the farm we will be on which is kinda large in mid western qld out near Roma.

orana> Advice or direction would be great if someone more
orana> knowledgeable than I could help.