[OZAPRS] ISS Digi

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Jan 22 11:48:35 EST 2011

Well you can

+ You can do it with a PC, replace SGATE withe SGATE,WIDE2-1 and then swap freq to 145.175 MHz on receive
+ You can do it with a uP TNC if you ask nicely of the BYONICS and ARGENT systems people TNC-X
+ You can do it with a cross band VF repeater - translate 145.825 MHz to 145.175 MHz (hard - need cavities)
+ DIGI_NED will probably do it.

Whats best is to stick a high digi peater, and make one of the ALIAS ="SGATE"

So downlink, the DIGI hears better than my house, and repeats the packet on 145.825 MHz (chews up pass time)
So uplink, the DIGI gates me and hits ISS with more success than me, BECAUSE I aim my packet like this:-

UNPROTO CQ VIA VK4SAT-1,RS0ISS-4

In other words, on the uplink, I force a packet from ME to the DIGI to the ISS

Or mount the whole lot on a hill and have it blown up or stolen

- Andrew -