[OZAPRS] Fill in Digi/iGate for travels

David Uzzell david at uzzell.com.au
Fri Jan 21 14:34:47 EST 2011

HI Ya

Thanks for the info so far.

OK it appears that there doesn't seem to be any issues with setting up a
RX - APRS-IS without a problem as long as it is setup so that it doesn't
rebroadcast already received information, seems like that won't be a
problem as were I am going there isn't another aprs digi for over 300km
and on the other side of the range.

I see the APRX software is out there for something simple and it seems
like lightweight on bandwidth for the internet.

 From what I can see is that I need to be able to have a PC running with
a lightweight linux that can deal with the USB NextG modem as well as a
TNC/Modem to connect to a radio to receive the signals and have that all
running so that it works without a problem.

Thanks for the advice so far and if you have any more send it my way  :)

When I get it up and running I will put out the details so people can
watchit while I travel if they are interested.

Thanks

David Uzzell
VK2HDM