[OZAPRS] Satelite tracking software

Paul Mullins pmullins at adam.com.au
Mon Jan 17 09:12:47 EST 2011

In fact I find that Ham Radio Deluxe to work a treat, only thing I have
found is the rotator controlling software to be very power hungry the rest
of the package works very well.

Setup can be a bit on the weird side for making the rotator find the data
from the satellite tracking program, but the help file when reading it
explains it well, It was never like this on early releases.

I have also tried NOVA, this also works very well you can some time pull
your hair out and end up running and screaming from the room, asking why did
you do that.

I just bought an Android phone best investment this year, har har, install
HamSatDroid that's the way to go for portable simple to use just make sure
you do the KEPS update and location data is correct.

For automatic home use without PC's that's a different kettle of fish, there
is some half finished project up on the web all using the PLAN13 software
code, I have been looking very carefully at these projects.

With my setup I am trying very hard to unload some of the apps on the pc to
other hardware, finding something to track satellites or the moon in stand
alone hardware is the trick, I am this year going to finish off my EME
station with new ring rotator in the end it should be able to track by it
self, well I am hoping.

Cheers for now

Paul

  _____