[OZAPRS] Good skip?

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Fri Jan 14 22:15:55 EST 2011

I've just noticed that my recent drive up to Mt Coot-tha was relayed by my
home fillin digi (VK4TDI-1) running 10W by VK2RPL-3 at Nightcap National Park.
Looking at the 'stations' heard map, I think that my location is the most
northern heard, but there have been others scattered around Ispwich and
Redlands too.

Plenty of Gold Coast stations are heard by this VK2RPL-3.

The other interesting thing is that VK2RAP-3 is digipeating a fair few packets
from VK4RBR-3, and then VK4HPW-1 in Warwick is IGATEing them. What a round trip!

A portable tracker works well for out of the ordinary activities, such as the
SES response to the Brisbane floods. I put VK4TDI-9 onto a rental ute since it
didn't have the council vehicle tracking that normal SES and Brisbane City
vehicles have when we went out last night. We were inspecting flood affected
areas and I wanted someone to know roughly where we were if 'stuff' happened.
Fortunately it didn't, but it makes for an interesting trace.

Dave.

--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia