[OZAPRS] 9600 baud

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Wed Jan 12 20:00:13 EST 2011

Those of us who have been in packet (let's not forget that aprs is ax25
packet) for years will well recall attempts to encourage higher speed
data exchanges. Many BBS's installed higher speed ports but these were
largely ignored in favour of plug & play 1200bps. Even when there was an
attempt to get the now defunct Rose backbone to link at 4k8, it largely
fell in a heap.

Whilst aprs would benefit from higher speeds I believe that any attempt
to move to 1k2 will be a disaster.

Ray vk2tv