[OZAPRS] Small GPS

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Mon Jan 10 11:26:58 EST 2011

The reason I ask is there is TTL and there is TTL

My Garmin GPS 18 5Hz puts out TTL instead of RS323.

In that it goes from 5 volts to 0 volts and tricks the RS232 drivers into
thinking it is RS232 levels.

Then there is the PIC TTL.

I have to invert the TTL from the GPS 18 to feed into the PIC

The PIC wants a zero to be a high and then swing low.

I see some "uP friendly" GPS around that do this inverted TTL - feed
straight into the PIC

Trying to get my component count down.

- Andrew -