[OZAPRS] WX Beacons

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Fri Jan 7 15:26:08 EST 2011

Hi Ron

Sorry. Somehow I missed your post.

Did some work with Sam and we now have the relevant BOM being passed
from IP to RF. Set up BOM as a message group and it works OK.

We have also set up a local group for Club members and that works fine.
Only trouble is you have only five groups on the VX-8R so far as I can
tell so you have to be a bit selective.

I agree re the D7 being a better APRS rig as is the D72 (now that I have
one). As I have mentioned in a recent post I find the VX-8R to be great
as a daily workhorse with all its bands, etc but the D7/72 are my APRS
rigs of choice.

I have just sold my QMAC HF90 so I can buy either an FTM-350 or TM-D701.
Had pretty much decided to go for the D710 when I foound ouat about the
ceramic filter problem so now I am back to square one!

73

Howard