[OZAPRS] Beta test: Auto configure script for UIDIGI

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Wed Jan 5 15:45:17 EST 2011

Hi Folks.

I run VK6RVP-1, a UIDIGI digipeater. Sometimes it's necessary to
remotely reconfigure it and it was getting annoying doing it by hand :)

I've written a Linux expect script that will configure a UIDIGI
digipeater, including sending the password and sending a list of
commands to run.

It's at http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/UIDIGI-robot

This is a typical run:
---
starbase:# ./UIDIGI-robot
spawn /usr/bin/call -r aprs vk6rvp-1
GW4PTS AX.25 Connect v1.11
*** Connected to vk6rvp-1
Rawmode
sys
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1}  13 19 6 12 10
hgfjv
clock 12 34 31
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1} Clock: 12:34:31
uid wide,trace
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1} UIDIGI : WIDE,TRACE
p 32
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1} PERSISTANCE was: 32 now is: 32
uifld 6
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1} UIFLDFL was: 6 now is: 6
uif wide
UIDIGI:VK6RVP-1} UIFLOOD : WIDE

quit

*** Cleared
---

If you're a UIDIGI digipeater owner and use Linux ax25 system I'd be
interested in any feedback.

73
Gavin.

--

       Gavin Rogers                     |  Amateur radio station VK6HGR
     http://www.livingwaters.com/good   |     http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/
                MSN/Skype/Email: grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au