[OZAPRS] Hi everyone a little about me and where I'm at with APRS.

Grant Diffey gdiffey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:44:56 EST 2011

Hi everyone.

I recently got my F call (VK3FBAE) I bought a new toy for X-mas which is a
VX-8DR

QTH is melbourne and I've got reception of APRS packets on 145.175 working
(other than the included antenna being horrific.) I havn't been able to get
reception on 439.100 at all.

Currently studying for the advanced upgrade. (then I can use 6m and data
modes.)

Background is computers linux etc and I see a few familiar names about.

In other news I'm very much looking forwar to LCA
<http://linux.conf.au>particularly the miniconfs.

I'm purchasing a Telemetrum <http://www.altusmetrum.org/TeleMetrum/> from
bdale to fly in the Rocketry
Miniconf<http://conf.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/RocketMiniconf>and
that's driving some of the desire for the licence upgrade

Additionally I'm involved in the melbourne community hackerspace who are
strongly aligned with the arduino
miniconf<http://conf.linux.org.au/wiki/Miniconfs/ArduinoMiniconf>one
of the projects for which this year is a Sensor
board <http://www.freetronics.com/products/mobsendat> for rocketry and
ballooning.  it might be interesting to write APRS txing firmware for such a
thing.

Grant.