[OZAPRS] Barrett 550 (Looking to buy GPS)

Tim timlog at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 4 16:38:38 EST 2011

Sam I'm running a Codan NGT, which I guess is the opposition commercial HF to the Barritt, I use a Byonics Tiny Track 3 with a Garmin GPS35 interfaced into the IO connector on the Codan. Cheap and easy solution, works great. BTW the Codan is also able to have a GPS plug in direct the same as the Barritt to use with the 4wd networks, but this isn't compatable with APRS, you need a device to convert to the 1200bd tones for APRS eg a TNC or a Tiny Track etc
Cheers Tim VK2HLT