[OZAPRS] WX Beacons

Howard Small howard at small.com.au
Sat Jan 1 15:57:24 EST 2011

Gordon

The site says:
"We recommended that the following be included in the MSG GROUP in these
radios:

"NWS-*,BOM*

"Setting NWS-* will restrict the display of the ZONE messages to only
those of a WARNING level (ADVISE and WATCH level are transmitted with an
underscore (NWS_*) which does not match the message filter)

"Setting BOM* will allow the plain text warning messages to be displayed."

But when I watch the packets with my TNC I see that all NWS have an
underscore: warn, advis, cancl, watch. So putting that NWS-* setting
stops any from being displayed including the warnings. I guess it must
have changed since the info was put up?

Howard