[OZAPRS] Field Day

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Sun Feb 27 20:45:39 EST 2011

Hi Darryl,

> I just wanted to say thanks to all those who came and gave at hand
> at the Wyong field day today. The help was really appreciated.

My pleasure. It was good to see the level of interest, and all the
traces of APRs users on screen.

Maybe for next year it might be a good idea to have a PowerPoint
slideshow showing the basics of the mode. Or maybe a YouTube video of
APRS in action.

> We handed about 75 APRS cheat sheets out, including one to a member
> of the local Police who was amazed what we do

I hope he wasn't thinking about it from the point of view of nuts
advertising that their home is unattended! It would probably be a good
idea for the cops to know where all their vehicles are.

> We had APRS.FI and UI View running which worked well. It was also
> interesting to see the number of people using iPhones and Android
> phones

I'll update the sheet to improve the layout, and maybe group the QR
codes at the bottom. I'll also add the U2APRS link for Android fans.

73 Richard VK2SKY