[OZAPRS] Australia APRS servers

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Sun Feb 20 17:29:10 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 12:11 +1000, Andrew Rich wrote:

> Rotational DNS name
>
> rotate.aprs.net.au ( 3 x servers can respond )
>
> nslookup rotate.aprs.net.au
>
> resolves to
>
> Name:   rotate.aprs.net.au
> Address: 203.194.18.216
>
> Name:   rotate.aprs.net.au
> Address: 150.101.108.109
>
> Name:   rotate.aprs.net.au
> Address: 202.62.137.85
>
> Port 14501 - server status
> Port 14577 - your position + 100 km
> Port 14578 - ZL only
> Port 14579 - ZL/VK feed only
> Port 14580 - Filter port
>
> To send to an APRS server you MUST logon
> To listen you do not need to logon

There's also aunz.rotate.aprs2.net this includes the AU & NZ T2 servers,
and is the rotate dns setup by the T2 network the rotate.aprs.net.au is
local (setup by 2TDG/2XJG) so both will achieve the same end result of
selecting the T2 servers that have been put into the rotate alais. Or
put simply you as the end user do not have to worry about what T2 server
you are connected to and should a server go down then you will simply
hop to the next so you won't be left without an server connection

FYI 150.101.108.109 is my IP for T2TAS ;-)

--
Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>