[OZAPRS] Strange APRS packets

Gordon VK4VP gordon.t at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 27 09:32:43 EST 2011

Hi all,

            I too have been seeing these strange events but I can see them
on UI-View as what looks like multiple tracks on the map.

This happened once before and the problem was my TNC.  I was running an
MFJ-1270B in KISS mode and rebooting the PC fixed the issue.

We worked this out by disconnecting my Igate from the server and the problem
was solved.

I no longer use the 1270B but use a TNC-X in KISS mode.

I have just reset it all here so we will see how it goes.

VK4OG and I often can hear the same packets on RF so it is possible if I
have an issue it could cause this problem.

I am also guessing that the TCPIP originated packets are reverse gated
packets from VK4OG.

P.S  Philip don't worry about saying what you see or if there is an issue,
we don't always know what's happening unless someone tells us.

Regards Gordon VK4VP