[OZAPRS] APRS performance VK3

Pete vk3tbn at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:23:16 EST 2011

Nic

On Thursday the igate dropped off the wifi LAN and was not connected to the Internet for a short period, that may have been the cause of some of your problems.

 I'm about to rebuild the igate to be a little more reliable. It currently is working off a IBM think pad with 96m of ram ( a la 1998 era). While it has been really reliable, as traffic increases and interfaces become faster ( it has USB v1 ports) it has issues.

I will retire it soon, perhaps to a hf/sat/ or bpsk gate to see its days out with a lot less stress.

Regards

Peter
Vk3tbn

Sent from my iPad