[OZAPRS] Homebrew HF APRS setup

Dave Ingram bulk at ingramtech.com
Fri Aug 5 09:40:09 EST 2011

On 3/08/2011 18:51, Peter Schrader wrote:
> I will change the TMD710 to 145.825 (and ARISS,WIDE2-2 for the path) when I
> get out of the terrestial VHF digi-peater range somewhere West of Dalby.
> You never know what packets I will bounce through the ISS digipeater while
> driving.

You'll be well west of Dalby before coverage from VK4RMM-3 (Mt Mowbullan in
the Bunya Mtns) drops out. That digi is in a very good spot. I was getting
hits with a 1/4 wave magmount and the 5W T2-301 in a rental car as far as
Chinchilla (didn't drive any further west).

Dave.

--
David Ingram (VK4TDI)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia