[OZAPRS] HF APRS with an FT 857D and Kantronics KP3

Terry Neumann tfneumann at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 26 19:25:36 EST 2011

I've always understood that the KPC-3 will not work on HF packet or (by
implication) HF APRS.   I could be wrong - I've never even tried it so I
can't be sure.    I have a couple of them here on VHF at various times.

 From the manual on page 25 (under HBaud):

"Although the KPC-3 can operate on 300 baud, the modem tones will still
use a 1000 Hz shift whereas most HF packet uses a 200 Hz shift."

Others will be better qualified than I to interpret whether that is a
serious limitation to the success of the experiment.

FWIW
73
Terry
VK5ATN