[OZAPRS] HF APRS with an FT 857D and Kantronics KP3

Mark Austin vk2jma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:49:36 EST 2011

Shaun,
Had much the same problem with an OT2 two week ago, the XYL has almost
forgiven me, almost!. You note the AGL is 0 at a dig gain of 45. My
problem ended up being the radio. My 857 settings are,

Mem 36=0
Mem 37=4  (yes that's 4, but the OT2 audio was set to flat out.)
Mem 38=psk31-u
Mem 39=0

But the all important bit I was missing was the RTTY AGL setup. Page
63 of the manual, from point 4 (the last line on the page) to point 9
on page 64. The only other issue was the tone set. The OT2 uses
2110/2310 on HF not 1600/1800 so the radio is set to 10147.09.

Good luck,
Mark