[OZAPRS] Pachube - "the Internet of Things"

Richard Murnane Richard.Murnane at internode.on.net
Mon Apr 11 13:31:26 EST 2011

Hi all,

I heard the following program on ABC NewsRadio (originally from BBC
World Service), and it might be of interest to my fellow APRS fans.

Pachube (pronounced "Patch-bay") is a platform for attaching devices
to the web, similar to the way we do weather stations on APRS. The
particular application discussed in the program is Japanese people
feeding live radiation data from the areas affected by the recent
quake / tsunami.

	Crowdsourcing Japan radiation levels (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00fvkxf#p00g517k
)

(The audio is about 5.46 in duration.)