No subject

Tue Sep 28 20:17:00 EST 2010

waiting for a chance to get my VX8R upgraded to a DR and get some more nice
features like smart beaconing. I use the VX8R in the family car presently
with a small mag base. Yeasu have started a upgrade scheme in the US and I
want to find out how or of this is possible in VK.

The battery consumption goes up with the GPS fitted/running. Also the same
with BlueTooth Ive found but not as bad. The 1800mA/H battery is the go
really if your going to start putting accessories on it like that. Theres
also a aftermarket 2000mA/Hr battery around I beleive.

All in all I am pretty pleased with it as a radio. Its just real different
in operation and I cant help but feel that Yeasu/Vertex are really just
learing to walk with stuff like APRS but at least they have shown that there
is a way to upgrade firmware and features on it to a degree.. So I am happy
with it even though Ive been critical on here. As a buyer you need to know
the bad stuff and make your decision.

Tony Hunt VK5AH