[OZAPRS] MT Nardi Fill in VK2RPL-1

Steve Sharp sharpst at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 22:30:57 EST 2010

It's interesting that my fill in (D700) didn't receive you at Banora Pt -
just taking a quick look when you were down this way (South of Nerang), it
would seem that you went through RGC-3 on all bar 3 occassions (Currumbin,
Tugun and Coolangatta) came via POO-1.

I do know that RPL-1 seems to ignore you if you have wide1-1, wide2-1 - but
is Ok if wide2-2 is set - probably another little quirk of the Foxdigi.

I guess even if it is acting a little strange, it is filling what was a
large blank - hopefully this will encourage others to take an interest in
APRS and add some more digi's to improve coverage.

Really only been dabbling with APRS for a year or so, so it's still a
learning curve for me;-)

All the best,
Steve VK2POO.