[OZAPRS] RE OPen Tracker and ICOM IC706 MK2G

Steven Heimann steven at nami.com.au
Fri Sep 10 13:15:39 EST 2010

The Byonics cables definitely work with an OpenTracker.  However, it is
probably easier to make you own cable so you can put a switch between
pin 4? and ground to switch easily between 2 configurations - one for
VHF and one for HF.

I use the data port for both VHF and HF APRS from my IC-706mkIIg.  As
the data ports have the same pin outs on different transceivers (at
least Icom and Yeasu are the ones I used) this also makes it easy to
switch to another transceiver.

Regards
Steven  VK2BOS