[OZAPRS] APRS Tracker

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Mon Nov 29 20:01:22 EST 2010

We appear to be comparing apples with oranges when we compare 2m tx ONLY
trackers with other styles of equipment, for any band, that at least has
a receiver and at least makes some attempt to prevent transmission at
inappropriate times.

You don't have to be real smart to realise that a system that *cannot*
listen doesn't comply with the Australian LCD.

I have a TT3+ and a GPS from the same supplier - about $100 Australian.
They are married to a Tait T500 that cost nothing because it has zero
commercial value. The aprs mobile has;
1. a tracker and GPS
2. a receiver with the busy line connected to the TT3+ to ensure no tx
when the channel is busy.

It's small, light, cheap and conforms with the LCD. There are many
equally cheap options available.

Ray vk2tv