[OZAPRS] Fwd: Stolen Gear VK2XAG

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Sat Nov 27 08:49:36 EST 2010

On 27/11/2010, at 8:02 AM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Nov 2010, Joseph Burford wrote:
>
>> A lot of people use various location check in type services and
>> advertise their where abouts on a constant basis, it's not just hams.
>
> They're nuts.  Did you know, for example, that your fancy mobile phone
> constantly advertises its presence, so that you can be peppered with
> location-specific adverts?  I keep my Bluetooth switched off unless I
> need it in the car, and even then I have the beacon turned off.

*giggle* That's easy - buy an iPhone!  Apple in all their wisdom decided the ONLY thing you need to be able to do with bluetooth is network sharing and handsfree.  So no more having to worry about those annoying movie trailers, or (shock, horror), those 'where am I' touchscreens in shopping centres that want to send you a map of where you just asked to go..

Yeah.. My next phone *won't* be an iphone :)

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
 We ran to the sounds of thunder.