[OZAPRS] Yaesu FTM-350 for APRS use

Nik Presser nikp007 at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 18 21:48:30 EST 2010

G'day all on the list,

I've checked out many of the videos and other Googled info of the FTM-350 but I haven't seen much mention of it on the OZAPRS archives.

I'm interested in any feedback, both good and bad, from any VK's that have used this radio, mainly for APRS work. I was looking at the TM-D710 but have recently taken a liking to the FTM-350, especially that many of the earlier bugs appear to have been ironed out in the latest firmware versions.

There are many things to like about the FTM-350 but I wonder if there are any major dislikes, mainly in regards to APRS operation / functionality.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Nik Presser
VK3BA