[OZAPRS] Exetel

terryc terryc at woa.com.au
Mon Nov 15 21:15:08 EST 2010

Ray Wells wrote:

> I ran traceroute (tracert in Windows) and both Linux and Windows
> machines baulked at the same point -
> bzn-9k-sys-p.intf.routers.proxad.net (212.27.58.125). I posted the
> result of traceroute to Exetel.

Same problem here and I'm back in the 220.233 range.
FWIW, on an mtr (Linux multiple trace route), one address in the
proxad.net belt is dropping 14% of packets and two others are dropping 4.8%.

This sort of problem is a normal occurrence for me and I tended to blame
overloaded network segments in the USA for it. Unfortunately, I don't
have access to another ISP to run routing comparisons.

(Hopefully ths excludes me as non-posting lurker collecting email
addresses {:-}}}
--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding