[OZAPRS] Shapefiles

Geoff geoff-lists at gatwards.org
Mon Nov 1 21:05:37 EST 2010

Hi Ray,

New shapefiles are available from BoM, however as yet I have not updated the
WXSVR-AU side to use them.

ftp://ftp.bom.gov.au/anon/home/adfd/spatial/

The APRS changes will require code changes in Xastir and a new UI-View
client to be written, as well as a re-write of WXSVR-AU itself.

(New clients specifically for our shapefiles so we can use them 'as-is',
making future changes seamless as per the NWS model)

I still don't have my gear online yet after moving to VK8, so it may be a
while yet, but it's certainly high up on the list to do, as this will 'fix'
the boundary issues in both VK2 and VK3 and make use of the new XML reports
kindly made public by BoM J

Geoff  VK2XJG/8