[OZAPRS] iPhone apps

The Shack by the Beach vk2him at gmail.com
Sun May 30 13:05:21 EST 2010

>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 08:37:24 +1000
>From: Tim Vk2hlt <vk2hlt at netspace.net.au>
>Subject: [OZAPRS] iPhone apps
>To: "OZAPRS at aprs.net.au" <OZAPRS at aprs.net.au>
>
>Guys has anybody tried the aprs apps for iPhone ? I have got the free iaprs at the moment >and not overly impressed. Ibcnu and openaprs look a lot better, which should I be spending >my dollars on ?
>Cheers Tim vl2hlt

------------------------------

Tim,

I give my vote to iBCNU, I have been using it for a while now and it
works great. I have also jailbroken my iPhone which allows me to put
iBCNU in the background and continue to use other apps ... I also use
a bluetooth GPS connected via the jailbreak utility Bluetooth GPS ...
As this uses an external GPS my iPhone battery lasts a lot longer,
plus I get better GPS reception in builtup or heavily forested areas.
I have also started to use a free app called Trapster, it displays and
alerts you to known Police enforcement points, school zones, and live
traffic conditions like accidents etc. I'd recommend trying this too.
Happy to give you some pointers if needed, just email me, Cheers Ian
vk2him