[OZAPRS] Why so long for stations to show on UIview map

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Thu May 27 23:51:44 EST 2010

I have never heard of this David. So your saying that your seeing Position
frames from stations and they take 30 mins to show up on the map ? Sounds
odd.

The only thing I can think of is Status frames. You may be seeing status
frames from stations. These dont contain positional information. UiView
stores the status frame info until it has a Position frame that it can plot
onto a map and then it matches the Status frame info together with the posit
and gives you the whole picture.

If you dont understand the difference between Status frames and Posit frames
then have a read of the APRS spec
http://www.aprs.org/doc/APRS101.PDF

Also make sure your "Expire time" is set to 30 mins or more . This is in the
Misc settings on Uiview. Most of us run 30 mins.

Tony Hunt VK5AH