[OZAPRS] Had all I can take of SignalinkUSB and PEPro

David and Justine Olsen davejust at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 25 23:16:33 EST 2010

i used to run a complex port emulation and TNC emulation with MixW and
UIView for HF APRS. PTT was controlled by a Cat cable.

I then decided to do away with Mix W and use a SignalinkUSB,  PEPro
and UIView. Since I made that decision I have regretted it.

My gripes are

1. PEPro will not hold the KAM seting and requires a restart twice -
very annoying when you consider the points below.
2. The SignalinkUSB seems to not have enough audio to drive the 703 as
well as the internal sound card.
3. The Signalink USB just stops Txing for no known reason. Sometimes a
delete and reinstall of the AUDIO Device fixes the problem, and
sometimes it doesn't. SOmetimes a delete of the .ini files in PEPro
fixes it and sometimes it doesn't.

A million restarts later- I think I'll go back to the complexity of
Mix W

David VK4MDX